Wednesday, January 14, 2009

African Travel, Inc.

As things slowed down a bit I took the time to get some training on destinations I am not very familiar with. I received the most inviting brochure from African Travel Inc. about their 2009 itineraries throughout Africa. Since this tour company specializes only in African destinations they offer the most complete and customizable itineraries I have seen. They are a small business with people that really have a passion for what they do. Their tours offer everything from South Africa to Egypt, Botswana and Kenya of course. They even have extensions available in Dubai, which seems to be the new hotspot. The tours are more affordable than you would think. Currently a 12 day Kenya Classic Safari starts at $1695 per person for the land package for departures in April and May. For nature and wildlife lovers this sounds like a dream. I am not one of those, but my husband really wants to go. He thinks I can handle starting out in a city in South Africa, but who wants to fly all that way and not see animals and natural wonders? When it's time I want to see as much as possible.
During their training last year the speaker was nostalgically recounting waking up to see a cheetah just outside of their lodge. I held my breath for a second, but other people oohed and ahhed. Ok, so it's not my cup of tea, but one day I promise I'll work up the courage. I am afraid of large domesticated dogs, so I have a long way to go there! My little one on the other hand is thrilled by all the beautiful pictures in their brochure and has taken to roaring like a lion at people. Maybe I should just send the two of them and let my dh know what it feels like to fly alone with a small child. He's wilder than the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment